United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Washington, D.C.
Reporting to the VP of Communications and Marketing Director, the Communications Manager will be entrusted with two main responsibilities:
- Coordinate and implement the USHCC’s daily communications activities through press releases, email marketing, social media, research, and website content
- Work directly with the Director of Marketing to execute the USHCC’s communications plan.
Must be a strong writer that can consistently articulate the mission and efforts of the USHCC.
- Support the development and implementation of an aggressive communications strategy to further advance the association’s national profile, chamber and business outreach, corporate and political influence, legislative agenda, earned media value, and brand favorability
- Coordinate with Marketing Director to upkeep webpage maintenance and ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted and updated regularly
- Distribute and maintain the USHCC’s photo, audio & video archive
- Manage development, distribution, and maintenance of print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, e-blasts, brochures, board meeting reports
- Strengthen social media presence and develop creative forms of engagement on digital platforms (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Assist in drafting speeches, talking points, press releases, op-eds and blogs for
- Manage press releases and their distribution with wire company
- Manage relationships with Hispanic media trade partners
- Develop branding, marketing, and production campaigns for National Convention, Legislative Summit, and other premier USHCC events
- Minor video and podcast editing
The right candidate can engage a wide range of stakeholders and build relationships internally and externally. This role requires a keen understanding and strong working knowledge of marketing principles, branding strategy, leveraging social media, event marketing, internet marketing, and email marketing.
- Bachelor degree in marketing, advertising, communications preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in marketing or communications
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Video editing experience preferred
- Advanced proficiency using MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with Adobe Software products (InDesign, Photoshop)
- Proficiency using social media platforms and related analytics tools
- Strong project and time management skills
- Proficiency with email marketing (Constant Contact, Mailchimp)
- Familiarity with WordPress, Canva, Meltwater preferred
Please email your cover letter, resume, and two (2) writing samples to email@example.com.