How to Start Your Own Amazon Package Delivery Business
The Amazon Delivery Service Partner program enables entrepreneurial-minded leaders to start their own delivery business for low startup costs
If you’re looking for a new business opportunity with low start-up costs you might consider becoming an Amazon Delivery Service Partner (DSP). You can take advantage of low startup costs, built-in demand and access to Amazon’s technology and logistics experience to feed your passion for hiring and coaching great teams that can make a positive impact in your community.
What is the Delivery Service Partner Program?
Amazon is offering hands-on leaders the opportunity to become an owner-operator and grow a successful package delivery business. You can join a community of DSPs and become part of one of the world’s fastest-growing industries.
There are countless advantages to joining this program, and with so much current demand for safe, fast home delivery, there’s never been a better time to take the leap into the logistics field. As an Delivery Service Partner, you’ll get:
- Small business, big impact.
Logistics experience is not required to join the program. Amazon offers access to technology, processes and years of logistics experience to help Delivery Service Partners set up and run their delivery business to make a positive impact in their community.
- The ability to be a hands-on leader.
Amazon’s packages keep your business growing, so you can focus on building a great team and developing your people, not sales.
- Support from Amazon.
Amazon is there to help its Delivery Service Partners. From hands-on training to on-demand support, the company is committed to helping you ensure your operation runs smoothly.
- The chance to deliver smiles.
Known for a customer-centric approach, Amazon gives its DSPs the opportunity to delight thousands of customers every day.
What do Amazon Delivery Service Partners do?
Amazon Delivery Service Partners deliver packages and essential goods to their community. As an owner-operator, you will be hiring, training, developing and retaining a team of delivery associates, who will deliver thousands of packages to Amazon customers in your area.
Once your application is accepted, these are the steps you’ll take to launch your successful delivery business:
- Set up your business. Amazon offers an exclusive suite of deals to acquire the assets you need to start your business, including discounts on recruiting tools, payroll, tax and accounting software, legal support and insurance options through its network of top-in-class service providers.
- Build your team. As a DSP, you’ll recruit and retain a solid team to enable your operation’s ongoing success. You’ll hire 40 to 100 high-performing, safety-focused delivery associates to operate 20 to 40 vehicles per day.
- Create your team culture. Leaders who thrive in this opportunity have a “can-do” attitude that reflects Amazon’s high standards and customer-obsessed culture. Through coaching and development, you’ll motivate your team to exceed expectations on every delivery.
- Deliver results. Deliver a great customer experience to create more hiring opportunities, deliver even more packages and keep your business thriving.
How Amazon helps its DSPs
Here’s what you can expect from Amazon when you become a Delivery Service Partner:
- The tools and equipment for startup success. Offer deals on Amazon-branded vans, comprehensive insurance, industrial-grade handheld devices, and other services help kickstart your delivery business.
- Two weeks of in-depth training. Week one is virtual classroom based training on business management, and week two is a hybrid (virtual and in person) station operations experience training.
- A comprehensive toolkit. Amazon provides all the tools and technology their DSPs need to run their business, including daily processes designed for success.
- On-demand support. Owners receive ongoing support from Amazon. This includes a comprehensive operations manual, Delivery Associate assistance for on-road issues and a dedicated account manager.
A great opportunity for diverse entrepreneurs
Through the Delivery Service Partner program, Amazon is offering diverse entrepreneurs and their families an excellent opportunity to start their own business.
Amazon recently launched a new diversity grant designed help reduce the barriers to entry for Black, Latinx and Native American entrepreneurs. Amazon has made a $1 million commitment toward funding startup costs for these aspiring owner-operators, offering $10,000 for each qualified candidate to build their own businesses in the U.S. Ready to take the next step toward your future as a Delivery Service Partner? Visit Delivery Service Partner to begin the application process.