Position Title: Director of Corporate Relations – Full Time Position
Location: Washington, D.C. Office (may begin remotely)
Reporting to the President & CEO and serving as an integral member of the senior management team, the Director of Corporate Relations will lead the USHCC’s fundraising efforts by maintaining and growing the portfolio of business members and community partners. The Director of Corporate Relations will be responsible for identifying new revenue opportunities by building and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships with major corporations, Hispanic Business Enterprises (HBEs) and chamber members through high-value programs, events, and content that align with USHCC’s mission and values, partner priorities and industry trends. The Director of Corporate Relations will also play a key role in building strong rapport with the Procurement Council Advisory Board (PCAB) and the Senior Executive Corporate Advisory Board (SECAB).
Strategy, Vision and Leadership
- Responsible for managing the successful execution of the day to day business development activities from prospecting and identifying new business to capture and contributing to the submission of high-quality proposals.
- Drive the creation of a culture that highly values performance, innovation, quality, efficiency, open communication, collaboration, learning, and operational integration.
- Implement strategic thinking and ability to network, build and leverage new business partnerships, memberships, identifying new opportunities.
- Serve as a business relationship counselor to USHCC leadership.
- Prepare and present formal proposals to prospective and current business partners and community members based on their needs and priorities.
- Actively participate in Hispanic business-related events, meetings and national conferences.
- Analyze industry conferences, seminars, and meetings to increase USHCC involvement and competitive presence.
- Design membership and sponsorship annual benefit packages.
- Serve as a spokesperson and lead point person on interactions with PCAB and SECAB advisory council members.
- Coordinate and assist with USHCC educational programs management, development and fundraising.
- Manage the CRM system to ensure accurate rosters and records for current and prospective members and partners.
- Work with the senior management team to develop the annual budget.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Mentor and develop the HBE and corporate relations team using a supportive and collaborative approach on a consistent basis.
- Establish and monitor fundraising staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives and establish priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, or a related field is required.
- Executive presence and experience successfully representing an organization to the highest-level donors and business partners.
- 5-7 years of relevant account management experience in a fundraising, business development or client/customer service role, including at least 3 years of experience in a leadership role.
- Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Exceptional time management skills; ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs identifying priorities.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, results oriented and proactive; a team player who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance, and administration initiatives.
- Solid proposal drafting, grant writing, analysis and presentation skills.
- Strong written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management, USHCC’s Board of Directors and staff, including public speaking.
- Fluency in the Spanish language and knowledge of Hispanic business culture is highly desirable.
- Experience in the non-profit sector is preferred but not required.
- Passion for USHCC’s mission.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid federal holidays
- Paid time off (PTO)
- WMATA Smart Benefits program
- Cell phone allowance
USHCC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Resumes and Letters of Interest can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.