Hispanic Business Enterprise (HBE) – Director of Procurement – Full Time Position
Washington, D.C. Office (remote work opportunities possible)
The United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce is looking for a highly motivated, strategic and entrepreneurial individual to be the Director of Procurement. This position will lead the USHCC’s efforts to scale Hispanic Business Enterprises (HBE) by identifying and securing procurement opportunities, fostering connections with the USHCC corporate network, and providing vital educational tools and resources in order to help build capacity. The Director of Procurement will work closely with the of Director of Corporate Relations and play a key role in building strong rapport with the Procurement Council Advisory Board (PCAB) and the Senior Executive Corporate Advisory Board (SECAB).
- Lead the HBE program and grow the number of HBE members.
- Oversee all HBE related initiatives including business matchmaking sessions, supplier diversity trainings and related events and meetings.
- Manage and nurture current relationships with HBE members.
- Actively participate in Hispanic business-related events, meetings and national conferences.
- Provide fundraising support for the USHCC’s networking events, annual Legislative Summit and National Conference to increase HBE participation and membership.
- Analyze industry trends to increase the USHCC’s involvement and competitive presence.
- Help coordinate the design of HBE membership and sponsorship annual benefit packages.
- Serve as a spokesperson and resource on interactions with PCAB and SECAB members.
- Coordinate with the Programs and Communications team to help identify HBE opportunities within the USHCC educational programs and related outreach.
- Manage the CRM system to ensure accurate rosters and records for current and prospective members and partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Public Relations or a related field is required.
- 4-6 years of relevant account management experience in a fundraising, business development or client/customer service role, including at least 3 years of experience in a leadership role.
- Strong business network relationships in the Hispanic or minority business sector are highly desired.
- Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Exceptional time management skills; ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs identifying priorities.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, results oriented and proactive; a team player who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance, and administration initiatives.
- Solid proposal drafting, analysis and presentation skills.
- Executive presence and experience successfully representing an organization to the highest-level donors and business partners.
- Strong written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management, USHCC’s Board of Directors and staff, including public speaking.
- Fluency in the Spanish language and knowledge of Hispanic business culture is highly desirable.
- Experience in the non-profit sector is preferred but not required.
- Passion for USHCC’s mission.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid federal holidays
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Cell phone allowance
USHCC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
The United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (USHCC) has been a national leader creating prosperity for the Hispanic business community since its creation 40 years ago in 1979. Through the power of our network of more than 250 Hispanic Chambers of Commerce and Hispanic owned small business enterprises throughout all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico, the USHCC is the leading organization to empower and invest in America’s Hispanic business community.
The USHCC actively promotes the economic growth, development and interests of more than 4.7 million Hispanic-owned businesses that, combined, contribute over $700 billion to the American economy every year.
It also partners with 260 major American corporations on strategic initiatives with shared objectives. The USHCC’s mission is to foster Hispanic economic development and to create sustainable prosperity for the benefit of American society. For more information, please visit www.ushcc.com