Executive Assistant to the President & CEO – Full Time Position
Washington, D.C. Office (remote opportunities possible)
The USHCC is seeking for a full-time Executive Assistant to support the President & CEO with multiple special projects, participate in external meetings with clients and partners, manage calendars, travel, and handle other administrative duties to help meet the needs of the organization’s priorities: building capabilities, securing contracts, and fostering connections for Hispanic business growth.
- Manage the organization’s master calendar.
- Manage the President & CEO’s workflow and priorities in coordination with the Chief of Staff.
- Provide assistance in moving projects forward by assisting with research, communicating with different parties, developing and monitoring plans and keeping track of responsibilities.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and following through on issues in a timely manner.
- Proactively identify ways to help improve the efficiency and efficacy of the team.
- Anticipate needs from staff and identify opportunities to help better coordinate processes and systems to streamline office flow.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Administration or related field is required.
- 4-6 years of experience in administrative, managerial, or other relevant capacity.
- Excellent judgement and creative problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional time management skills; ability to juggle and manage several deadlines and turn around quick deliverables are expected.
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across the organization.
- Self-starter, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, results oriented and proactive; a team player who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance, and administration initiatives.
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft suite applications Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, Planner, Teams and other relevant project management and collaboration tools.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and reliability.
- Fluency in the Spanish language and knowledge of Hispanic business culture is highly desirable.
- Experience in the non-profit sector is preferred but not required.
- Passion for USHCC’s mission.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance package
- Paid federal holidays
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Cell phone allowance
USHCC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
For consideration, please submit your cover letter, resume and writing sample to email@example.com.
The United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (USHCC) has been a national leader creating prosperity for the Hispanic business community since its creation 40 years ago in 1979. Through the power of our network of more than 250 Hispanic Chambers of Commerce and Hispanic owned small business enterprises throughout all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico, the USHCC is the leading organization to empower and invest in America’s Hispanic business community.
The USHCC actively promotes the economic growth, development and interests of more than 4.7 million Hispanic-owned businesses that, combined, contribute over $700 billion to the American economy every year.
It also partners with 260 major American corporations on strategic initiatives with shared objectives. The USHCC’s mission is to foster Hispanic economic development and to create sustainable prosperity for the benefit of American society. For more information, please visit www.ushcc.com.