United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
Programs and Events Manager – Full Time Position
Washington, D.C. Office
The USHCC is searching for a full-time Programs and Events Manager. This position will primarily support the overall operation of our new MBDA CARES Act program and will report to the Vice President of Programs and Communications.
This role will focus on programmatic and event planning, including outlining timing for each content block (events and conferences), optimizing platforms for the new digital and virtual experience of modern programming, recommend interactive engagement tactics to disseminate resources, information, and assistance related to COVID-19 and beyond for our USHCC Hispanic Business Enterprise (HBE) members and local chamber members across the country.
In addition, this position will assist with the design and execution of a communications plan that pulses out COVID-19 content, social media projects and website posts, ensure that small and minority business analytics are captured and create program reports as required.
- Provide administrative support as required by the Vice President of Programs and Communications and assist in the day to day administration of the MBDA CARES Act program.
- Leverage the organization’s existing network, updating databases, branding/marketing strategy, leverage social media and targeted email campaigns.
- Engage a wide range of stakeholders and build relationships internally and externally.
- Provide support for the implementation of an aggressive communications strategy to further advance the USHCC mission and influence through engagement of chambers of commerce, HBEs, and corporate outreach.
- Provide research and analysis support as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field is preferred.
- 3-4 years of relevant experience, including planning, writing, editing, and production of newsletters, new media, press releases, marketing literature, and other print publications and directories at a leadership/executive level is required.
- Must have strong working knowledge of project management and customer service skills.
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across the organization.
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite applications Word, Excel and PowerPoint, in addition to Adobe, Canva, Constant Contact, Word Press and be quick/open to learn new programs.
- Self-starter, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional time management skills; ability to juggle and manage several deadlines and turn around quick deliverables are expected.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, results-oriented and proactive; a team player who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance, and administration
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Fluency in the Spanish language and knowledge of Hispanic business culture is highly desirable.
- Experience in the non-profit sector is preferred but not required.
- Passion for USHCC’s
- Generous medical, dental, and vision insurance package
- Paid federal holidays
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Cell phone allowance
USHCC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
For consideration, please submit your cover letter, resume and two (2) writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (USHCC) has been a national leader creating prosperity for the Hispanic business community since its creation 40 years ago in 1979. Through the power of our network of more than 250 Hispanic Chambers of Commerce and Hispanic owned small business enterprises throughout all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico, the USHCC is the leading organization to empower and invest in America’s Hispanic business community.
The USHCC actively promotes the economic growth, development and interests of more than 4.7 million Hispanic-owned businesses that, combined, contribute over $800 billion to the American economy every year.
It also partners with 260 major American corporations on strategic initiatives with shared objectives. The USHCC’s mission is to foster Hispanic economic development and to create sustainable prosperity for the benefit of American society. For more information, please visit www.ushcc.com.