Full Time Position
Special Projects Coordinator
Washington, D.C. Office (remote opportunities possible)
The USHCC is searching for a full-time Special Projects Coordinator to take on multiple project-related tasks to support new and existing programs of the USHCC’s 501(c)(6) and 501(c)(3) entities to help fulfill Hispanic business priorities in access to capital, procurement contracts and capacity building. Tasks include targeted outreach planning, managing contacts in designated markets, building new partnerships, marketing/promotion, strategy, and deadline-driven goals with metrics. This position will use engagement tactics to disseminate resources, information, and incentive programs through our USHCC Hispanic Business Enterprise (HBE) and Hispanic Chamber network with special focus identifying entrepreneurs looking for new business ventures and opportunities. This position will work closely with the Programs and Communications Department and report to the Chief of Staff.
- Provide project management support as required to all departments of the USHCC 501(c)(6) and 501(c)(3) entities.
- Coordinate project management activities, resources, equipment and information.
- Break projects into doable actions and set timeframes.
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participants.
- Engage a wide range of stakeholders and build relationships internally and externally.
- Ensure standards and requirements are met through quality control.
- Provide research and analysis support as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field is required.
- 3-4 years of proven work experience as a Project Coordinator or similar role.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional time management skills; ability to juggle and manage several deadlines and turn around quick deliverables are expected.
- Must have strong working knowledge of project management and customer service skills.
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across the organization.
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft suite applications Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, Planner, Teams and other relevant project management and collaboration tools.
- PMP / PRINCE2 certification is a plus.
- Self-starter, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, results oriented and proactive; a team player who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance, and administration
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Fluency in the Spanish language and knowledge of Hispanic business culture is highly desirable.
- Experience in the non-profit sector is preferred but not required.
- Passion for USHCC’s mission.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance package.
- Paid federal holidays.
- Paid time off (PTO).
- Cell phone allowance.
The USHCC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
For consideration, please submit your cover letter, resume and writing sample to email@example.com.
The United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (USHCC) has been a national leader creating prosperity for the Hispanic business community since its creation 40 years ago in 1979. Through the power of our network of more than 260 Hispanic Chambers of Commerce and Hispanic owned small business enterprises throughout all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico, the USHCC is the leading organization to empower and invest in America’s Hispanic business community.
The USHCC actively promotes the economic growth, development and interests of more than 4.7 million Hispanic-owned businesses that, combined, contribute over $800 billion to the American economy every year.
It also partners with 260 major American corporations on strategic initiatives with shared objectives. The USHCC’s mission is to foster Hispanic economic development and to create sustainable prosperity for the benefit of American society. For more information, please visit www.ushcc.com.