United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
Staff Accountant – Full Time Position
Washington, D.C. Office (remote opportunities possible)
The USHCC is searching for a full-time Staff Accountant to support day-to-day accounting, financial analysis and administrative functions of its 501(c)(6) and 501(c)(3) entities and contribute to meet the needs of its organizational priorities: building capacity, securing contracts, and fostering connections for Hispanic business growth. The Staff Accountant will be point on tasks related to Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, payroll, expense reimbursements, cash analysis, functional expense tracking, audit support and office management, in addition to assisting with financial analysis, budget planning and grant management. This position will work closely with the accounting team and report directly to the Managing Director of Financial Planning and Analysis.
- Process Accounts Payable and payment requests on a recurring basis, review general ledger to ensure consistency and accuracy of coding.
- Process Accounts Receivable invoices, review ledger coding for accuracy and consistency, process deposits and post cash receipts on a recurring basis.
- Assist with Payroll and Human Resources functions.
- Conduct cash flow analysis on a weekly basis.
- Assist with preparation, review and presentation of monthly financial reports.
- Provide support in budget preparation and cash flow projections.
- Assist accounting team with external audits, 990 tax filing and year-end 1099 processing.
- Enforce staff timesheets and expense reimbursements to ensure accuracy and strict deadlines are met.
- Ensure standards and requirements are met through quality control.
- Maintains proper accounting department backup documentation and files.
- Other administrative and office duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or relevant discipline with experience in non-profit is required.
- 3-4 years of proven work experience in accounting or finance positions.
- High level of proficiency with Excel and overall new Microsoft 365 is a must.
- Experience with QuickBooks desktop is required.
- Experience in grants financial management and budgeting a plus.
- CPA candidate preferred.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional time management skills; ability to juggle and manage several deadlines and turn around quick deliverables are expected.
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across the organization.
- Self-starter, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, results oriented and proactive; a team player who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance, and administration
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Fluency in the Spanish language and knowledge of Hispanic business culture is highly desirable.
- Passion for USHCC’s mission
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance package
- Paid federal holidays
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Cell phone allowance
USHCC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
For consideration, please submit your cover letter, resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (USHCC) has been a national leader creating prosperity for the Hispanic business community since its creation 40 years ago in 1979. Through the power of our network of more than 250 Hispanic Chambers of Commerce and Hispanic owned small business enterprises throughout all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico, the USHCC is the leading organization to empower and invest in America’s Hispanic business community.
The USHCC actively promotes the economic growth, development and interests of more than 4.7 million Hispanic-owned businesses that, combined, contribute over $700 billion to the American economy every year.
It also partners with 260 major American corporations on strategic initiatives with shared objectives. The USHCC’s mission is to foster Hispanic economic development and to create sustainable prosperity for the benefit of American society. For more information, please visit www.ushcc.com.