As a Communications and Marketing Intern, you will work to address a broad range of issues that affect America’s small business community. On a day to day basis, interns could be asked to draft press releases, conduct research for op-eds and talking points, maintain the USHCC website, strengthen social media presence, and assist in communications and marketing around the 2018 Legislative Summit.
2018 USHCC Legislative Summit
The USHCC Annual Legislative summit is a platform to discuss legislative policies impacting American business. It offers an unparalleled opportunity to meet, engage and join forces with business leaders, corporate executives, legislative and policy experts, and elected and appointed government officials. This annual event offers guests valuable networking opportunities, trainings and roundtable discussions. Attendees will also have access to procurement matchmaking sessions with federal agencies, and the chance to meet with Congressional representatives on Capitol Hill.
The 2018 Legislative Summit will take place at the Willard Intercontinental Hotel, Washington D. C. – April 24-26, 2018.
- College senior with coursework in political science, communications, marketing and/or related subjects. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior communications or marketing internship experience preferred
- Ability to multi-task and work at a quick pace
- Experience working with social media
- Must be a strong writer that can consistently articulate the mission and efforts of the USHCC
- Passion for the USHCC’s mission
- Preferred experience with: WordPress, Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, press release wire, Sprout Social, and social media outlets
Please submit two (2) sample writings (op-ed and press release preferred), cover letter and resume to email@example.com.